Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sleek True Color LipStick Fushia 833 & Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Pearl 108 Review

I'm not a really lipstick person, cause I find it hard looking for ones that don't dry out my lips. I had a go at Maybelline's Color Sensational in Pink Pearl. The color was cute sheer shimmery pink on the lips but it was drying and didn't really apply smoothly enough for me. So I wouldn't recommend.


When I was getting my contour kit from Sleek I decided to have a go at their lipstick range and tried some of the samples at the counter. They were so pigmented and smooth to put on (oh the packaging is decent as well, slick matt black design)! Out of the range I decided to go for the Fushia (something I don't usually do - bright colors).


 It is a VERY bright color. But very pretty. Personally I always put a layer of Vaseline first before I put on any lipstick (I use the one with Aloe Vera or Lip Essense Advance - will review later). To me this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out like the Maybelline did.  The picture below is just one smooth layer of application (even for a novice like me I only had to follow the line of my lips and draw once for that color.

Because the color is so bright for day to day I like to pat the color away a bit with tissue (after one application) and then put my favorite lip gloss (Clinique with SPF 15 in Air Kiss - will review later) over it to make it into a more wearable daily pink, whilst still adding beautiful color to my lips.

                            Pat down                                With Lip gloss


I definitely recommend the Sleek Fushia to all ladies who like a bit of color. Others in the range also look beautiful but may be harder to pull off without a tan (I'm a bit pale having lost all my tan from the Summer already so I'm not brave enough to try the other colors yet).


Cost of Products:
  • Maybelline Colors Sensational in Pink Pearl 108: £6.99 in high street. I think I got mine for £4.99 worth of boots points.
  • Sleek True Color in Fushia: Got mine for full price at Superdrug for £3.69! Bargain if you ask me. =D
  • Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF15 in Air Kiss: usually £13 for 6mL, I got mine (2-3mL) as part of a gift set for buying their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment