Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Monday, November 22, 2010

Clinique Cream Liner, Lancome ArtLiner and Bourjois Liner Feutre

Having tried and tested numerous black eyeliner to find ones that work for my Asian eyes I'm going to share the three that have worked for me for different styles.

1: Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in True Black, £13 per pot. Brought it full price but don't regret.


Tried this one after hearing its smudge-proof and good texture reviews. For me this is the creme-de-la-creme. The texture is smooth and easy to apply, a little product goes a very long way, really solid color when applied.

Product dries quickly on the eyelid but in the pot it has stayed moist. For my lids at least it doesn't smudge and has very good staying power. It comes with a little brush which is fine for short-term use but because the pot lasts so long I brought a separate No.7 precision eyeliner brush for £1.50 (usually £6.50 per brush but I brought with £5 off boot voucher). I find this cream liner just as easy to apply as liquid and pencil liners.

Definitely my number 1 recommend for a black eyeliner - great for any type of lining just depends on how much you use and how you brush it on =D.


 2: Lancome Artliner, usually £19.50 - I got mine at the airport for £15?

This liner is great for fine/precise work. As a liquid liner it can be handy and easy to make very fine lines and angled lines with its felt-tip shape dip brush - though its one of the thicker and more 'paint' like type. You need to be patient and give it a bit more time to dry compared to the other two liners mentioned.

Very vivid smooth color when dried. Staying power is ok but can crack a little by the end of the day or if you don't let it dry enough when applying. But it doesn't smudge. I've heard how some people's have dried up quickly. But mine is still fine and lasting. Pricey so only recommend for serious fans of big dramatic solid cat eyes.


3: Bourjois Liner Feutre, usually £5.99 - I got mine for £5 at Superdrug.


Also a felt-tip brush liquid liner. More felt-tip like texture than the Artliner. Easy control, dries instantly. Strong color but more natural looking black. Also very good for fine lining. Stays for the day but color may not be as vivid at the end of the day without top up - but I like that for natural looks so not a problem for me. Recommend as more reasonably priced liquid liner that is good for natural gentle looks.


N.b. Waterproof????? I'm not sure any of the three are waterproof but for everyday crying and rain none of these have failed me. They've all have stayed put. But I haven't gone swimming with them so I can't say if they are waterproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment