Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Monday, November 15, 2010

Boujois DuoChrome Vert Dore (61) and Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz Review

I love green eye makeup but never been brave enough to try. Decided to take the plunge when I saw the duchrome eyeliner on sale at ASOS.


So glad I brought it. The color is so gorgeous! Its a shimmery lush green with a hint of lime/yellow gold under certain light. You can use it as an eyeliner or eyeshadow all over your lids.


I tend to use it as an inbetween (as I'm normally mono lid but if I get tired I turn small double lid....) =P The color goes on really smoothly. It doesn't really smudge but you may need to touch up or use a primer for the rich color to stay all day.


After watching one of Michelle Phan's makeup tutorials I had to get my hands on a peachey color eyeliner. I have always used the white liner to try to brighten my eyes but it sometimes does look awkward and unnatural. The one she used in the video was the Topaz by Stila. Sadly Stila seemed to have disappeared from  UK in store (use to be sold at Debenhams). Online I found it at Cheapsmells (later it became available at Argos online as well).


This eyeliner is also very soft and smooth to apply. And it looks pretty too. ^_^


When you use it it gives a very subtle but fresher feel to the eyes (excuse the pictures taken at night in my dingy room....). Ok staying power without primer etc. But even if it smudges it blends in with the skin color so not noticable. Stays for the day but color not as bright as it was in the morning without a topup, but definitely a lovely alternative to the typical white eyeliner.



Cost of products:
  • Bourjois DuoChrome Vert Dore (61) - Usually £4.29 or so on the high street. I got mine for £2 in ASOS sale.
  • Stila Kajal Eyeliner in Topaz - usually about £10? I got mine for £3.62 plus £1.95 delivery at CheapSmells. Argos online is £4.99 not including delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment