Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Takeaway Secret by Kenny McGovern - Review

Went on the maddest mission today to find my bf's requested xmas pressie. The Takeaway Secret by Kenny McGovern.

You would have thought this book would be easy to find in London book stores! Nope, it was rarer than gold! Was out of stock on Amazon. After calling up most of WHSmith/Waterstones in town and visiting too many bookstores to remember, turns out last two available! I grabbed one of those before they vanished as well... >_<

I didn't quite understand why this book was out of stock (a book about takeaway food.....????!!!!)... that was until I read the recipes. I know fast food can be brought when you want it and some people would say its unhealthy blahblah. BUT the author of the book totally catches the idea of the guilty pleasures from fastfood can only get better when you can actually reproduce them at home yourself!

I've flipped through some of the recipes and they sound absolutely mouthwatering yet strangely healthier with the tweaks that are offered. The book is simple to follow and has loads of handy tips to reproduce that right taste. Fair enough its not your everyday cook book but for those who like a little dirty food once in a while this seems like the perfect recipe book! ^_^

RRP £5.99. Online at Amazon and WHSmith going for £3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment