Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Saturday, December 11, 2010

London Walks - great fun day, there are little gems in London to be discovered!

Had my work xmas do on Tuesday. We went on the London Walk 'Inside the Ancient City'.

I've grown up in London but I never thought there were many interesting stories or history to be heard (history lessons at school weren't very in-depth). But after today I felt totally different. The tour guide Hilary we had was lovely she had the best route designed for us with bits of culture, history and quirky stories all linked together throughout the walk.

We saw so many hidden gems today, markets I didn't know we had, little details in the streets and roads and architect that we're usually too busy going to work to notice and appreciate. I really recommend going on one just for fun and have a whole new experience of the City and to learn some fun stories about the street and places we pass daily.
One of the stalls at Leadenhall Market! So Christmasy there! Lovely smell of Mull wine!
There is also the Jack Ripper tour which has THE expert giving the tour (next tour on my list to do)!

We paid £8 per person for the 2.5hr tour but it seems there are discounts and concessions available so worth looking into if you do decide you want a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment