Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Friday, December 24, 2010

MAC Select Cover-Up NC20 review

Been trying out my first concealer from MAC for a month now. I think I've found my good value for money + good quality concealer I've been looking for.


I found it's quite multifunctional and you can use it in so many ways. A little pea size drop you can cover quite an area. You can use it as it is and layer according to how much coverage you want - I found that I can use this by itself even though I have dry skin as long as I moisturise my face before I use the concealer by itself. Or you can mix it with your moisturiser before you apply it so it becomes more of a foundation/light cover - another way to apply to dry skin, prevents drying or flaking.




Rubs into skin really well - very natural
I usually use nearly equal amount moisturiser to mix or less depending on how thick I wanted the cover and how dry my skin felt that day.
Amount for 1 eye if I don't mix  with moisturiser or 2 eyes if I do

Its a really good consistency not too thick or thin by itself and also sets very nicely - doesn't tug the skin and you can't really feel you have makeup on. But its quite long lasting and resistant to transfer (always a plus when you wearing white). ^_^

                            Before                                     After

                                                       NC20 amount used

At £12.50 for 10mL its quite a good value concealer considering you don't actually have to use that much compared to other concealers so it'll actually work out cheaper in the end. Its been a month and I haven't even used 1/4 of it (still very full tube). The tube design is also very handy, compact but sensible you can easily control how much product you want - more hygenic as well.

At the MAC store they said my skin tone is NC20. I think there is one shade lighter than that available and loads of other darker shade so it might be worth going in to test them out to find your exact shade. I did try all the other concealers at MAC in the store but settled for this one as the others were either two tight on the skin or too powdery/watery or not enough cover.

I was told the Moisture Cover would have been better for me (dry skin) but I think I made the right choice going with the Select Cover which had more ways you can manipulate it. So that I can use it as I want depending how my skin felt that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment