Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush - 03 Transparency (MF/M) Suitable for all skin types

I went round all the premium counters at Boots trying out all the face powders available to try to find a good but most value for money product to use. (I had points to treat myself to a good face powder)

In the end it was between Urban Decay Razor Sharp, Benefit Hello Flawless and Clinique's Blended Loose Face Powder. All three felt brilliant on the face, natural and all gave a very nice finish without looking cakey or flakey on my dry skin - none of the powders have smells.

Benefit's compact powder in Champagne had the highest coverage but was also the less value for money (7g for £24). I personally preferred using the brush to the sponge they provided (sponge was too heavy handed).

Urban Decay's translucent loose powder was £17 for 12g - it had the least flexible application method due to the puffer that is permanently fixed on the top, even though it gives a less messy application if you travel with the item you have to force it open if you want to use a brush etc.



So I went for the Clinique loose powder as I don't really travel with my powders (I hardly touch up usually only one application in the morning lasts me till I get home) and I don't need that much coverage from my powder (my new found MAC Select Cover provides more than enough cover for blemishes).

For £19 you get 35g of product - in Invisible Blend, Tranparency 2,3,4 or Neutral. I found compared to powders that appear cheaper this is actually cheaper/the same and probably better quality as well. E.g. for Cornsilk loose powder that goes for £8 a pot you actually only get 12g?

Value aside, this loose powder is amazing. it goes on flawlessly for a really nice finish but you don't feel like you have a ton of makeup on. I usually only need to tip the container once to shake out enough powder onto the lid for the whole face. I've used it for a month now and its not irritated my face at all and it doesn't seem like I've used the pot at all either.

It comes with an antibacterial brush (think that was what the lady at the counter said) which is handy. All in all I love this product ....... probably the only complaint would be why they can't think of a selling smaller sizes so if you do want to travel with it you can bring it along without it being so huge and taking over your makeup bag...... oh and the usual mourn of loose powder - not the easiest to bring on travel without causing a mess in your bag......!

I might try their compact powder next or pick up the other two in this review..... if and when I get through this huge bottle.....Lol.... =P

P.s. I'm MAC Select Cover NC20 if that helps with the shade comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment