Afflilate

Oh and before you ask: I'm not affiliated with any company, all the stuff I mention are just things I have personally used or come across, which I thought would be nice to share with you all. ^_^

Monday, January 10, 2011

3 High Street MakeUp Remover Reviews

Sorry for the late of updates, I'm currently trying out some new stuff I brought during Xmas/started using after New Year so I wanted to give it a month in before reviewing the products.

Here are three high street brand makeup removers I tried last year that I wanted to give a small review about. BTW I know some only say eye makeup remover but I tend to use it for my whole face.

Neutrogena Deep Clean MakeUp Remover, Refreshing Oil-free Cleansing Lotion:
  • Smell: Fresh, not strong scented.
  • Texture: Gel-like, not thick not thin
  • Feel on face: Fresh, easily spread over face.
  • Feel on face after wiping off makeup: Not oily or drying but I would prefer to wash my face as I can still feel residue of something, not totally fresh feel to the face (cleaner but not newly washed clean)
  • Strength at removing makeup: Can remove most makeup with one wipe, for really strong waterproof makeup you may need to allow it to soak a bit longer before removing with cotton pads, or may need more than one attempt to fully remove all residues. N.b. so far its one of the strongest high street makeup removers I've tried, but for one or two mascara it still needs to work at it.  
  • Other comments: BEWARE if this stuff gets in your eyes you will be crying like a tap. Using it everyday last about 2-3 months - using it to remove little or medium amount of makeup required one to two 1p or 2p coin size amounts for whole face each time.
  • Price: £3.56 RRP for 200mL (got mine with slight discount in deal at the time).
N.B Image found on web as original bottled dumped so can't take picture.

Simple Kind to Eyes Eye MakeUp Remover (My favorite at the moment):
  • Smell: Maybe a really faint fresh scent if any
  • Texture: Water like
  • Feel on face: Fresh, water like feel that lasts on the face slightly longer than water does.
  • Feel on face after wiping off makeup: Fresh like you've had water naturally dry from your face
  • Strength at removing makeup: Can remove most makeup with one wipe, for really strong waterproof makeup you may need to allow it to soak a bit longer before removing with cotton pads or clean twice. N.b. slightly less strong than Neutrogena but not far behind.
  • Other comments: Would definitely recommend this to others who like fresh feeling face after using makeup removers as it feels just like you had washed your face with water. One slightly negative comment with this, is its hard to control how much product you use (water like) - I've just ended up slowly letting product soak into cotton pad until I feel it on the other side (forget squeezing the bottle that will just be a fountain of water coming through your cotton pad). Roughly last 2 months (to remove light to medium amount of makeup) using two pads soaked through both sides (2p coin size area on pad) for whole face each time?
  • Price: £3.26 RRP for 125mL (Got mine for £1-2 in a deal).

Simple Nourishing Eye MakeUp Remover:
  • Smell: Maybe a really faint fresh scent if any
  • Texture: Cream like
  • Feel on face: Fresh, easy to spread over face.
  • Feel on face after wiping off makeup: Feels like you've had cream on your face - not oily oily but some people may not like the residue feel of a cream layer - definitely not drying to the skin.
  • Strength at removing makeup: Not the strongest. Light/NOT waterproof makeup may be ok but if you require a strong remover than not this one.
  • Other comments: Would only recommend this for those with really dry skin around the eyes and need extra moisturising when removing makeup. Lasts only 1-2months.
  • Price: £3.56 RRP for 100mL (Got mine for 2 for £5).


I will be moving onto the L'Oreal Makeup remover once I finish my Simple Kind to Eyes. Update on that when I've tried it out properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment